Re: Oracle 8.1.7.3 in EM 10 Grid Control

  • From: Robert Pegram <pegramrg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 06:12:48 -0700 (PDT)

Andrey,

Not supported does not necessarily mean that it does not work.  We have the EM
agent installed on a unix server that houses databases from 8.1.7.0 to
10.2.0.3.  The agent discovered all the databases and we were able to configure
it against the 8.1.7.0 databases.  We drastically scaled back what we wanted to
monitor and accomplish with GC, but the things we set up work just fine for us.

The bottom line is that if you chose to go the unsupported route, you need to
thoroughly test and document the features that you plan to use in your
environment and be willing to accept the fact that if something does not work
as expected, Oracle may not be willing to help you.

Rob Pegram
Duke University