Oracle 12 and Unified Auditing

  • From: Niels Jespersen <NJN@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:45:27 +0000

Hello all

Oracle 12 introduces Unified Auditing, which changes the way auditing is done
fundamentally. However, the old way of auditing still works, and is the
default, until you actively changes to the Unified way of operating.

We have started upgrading our 11.2.0.4 databases to 12.1.0.2, but haven't
changed auditing, and probable won't until we have good reason to.

Before we consider it, I would also like some indications that the feature is
being deployed by others. I would like to see someone blogging about it,
someone asking about it here and in other forums. But the only written words I
have seen about it are in the manuals.

Has anyone here worked with it for real?

Any opinions about the new way of doing audit-things in general?

Regards Niels Jespersen