Oracle 11g on VMWARE/Red Hat Linux 5 under Windows XP
- From: "Binh Pham" <binhpham15@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 00:07:24 -0800
Tried to install 11g under Red Hat 5 under VMWARE server which runs under Windows XP hung after the installation process started. There is no error message in the installation log file and there is no issue with resources under XP either, it just hung! I allocated 1G memory to the VMWARE Red Hat Linux 5 session and that should be enough. All Oracle resource validation checks did pass before Oracle started the installation process except that it had a warning on swap space which has 500M and I also did not see any issue with memory or swap space or anything else in the linux message log. Any idea?? Thanks.
Other related posts:
- » Oracle 11g on VMWARE/Red Hat Linux 5 under Windows XP
- » Re: Oracle 11g on VMWARE/Red Hat Linux 5 under Windows XP