Re: Optimizer change from 8i-9i

  • From: zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:54:16 +0800

Hi, Chris,=20
    Thanks for your answer.=20
    I remember autotrace does not print the plan correctly, when
histogram is used under certain conditions. But I am not sure now and
I will do some test to verify it.
   And autotrace also have limit print the partition prune. (In your
case and partition prune, it did not print the wrong plan , just with
some limitation actualy, right?)

  Maybe other casae that it reported the wrong plan, I will keep it
updated when I am aware of it.

> >Can I ask one more question , about the
> >"the index tie-break rule being the only reasonable exception, all
> >the other possibilities are a bit far fetched IMO"
>=20
> What do you mean???
>=20
> HTH
> Chris
>=20
Wolfgang email to me offline , and he said the index tie-break rule.
But I have never heard of it before, so asking him about more detail.

As for the RBO part of your question, I don't think the RBO plans will
change (the index tie-break rule being the only reasonable exception, all
the other possibilities are a bit far fetched IMO).=20

--=20
Regards
Zhu Chao
www.cnoug.org