Re: Optimizer Stats collection for Datawarehouses

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mwf@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:04:17 -0800

If the partition is not bulk loaded in a single shot, then a good way
to deal with this is to clone partition stats (
dbms_stats.copy_table_stats in >=10.2.0.4 ) from  another
representative partition.
See:
http://optimizermagic.blogspot.com/2009/02/maintaining-statistics-on-large.html
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28419/d_stats.htm#BABDDBGH