Oaktable World during OOW

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:31:49 -0700

Oaktable World is on again.
Oaktable World is the conference that grew out of it's underground roots
formerly known as Oracle Closed World.
Twice as many speakers this year including Tanel Poder, Jonathan Lewis,
Cary Millsap etc

   - Agenda <http://www.kylehailey.com/oaktable-world/agenda/>
   - Registration <http://www.kylehailey.com/oaktable-world/registration/>

The conference is free and open to anyone - no need for OOW passes but you
have to register. It's first come first serve and the venue will max so
registration will help us manage the first come first server priorities.
(venue holds around 200 people and we have around 2/3 of that registered
already)

Of note are roundtables. There will be

   - Women in Technology
<http://www.kylehailey.com/oaktable-world/women-in-tech/>-
   let by Kellyn Pot'vin
   - *Development Operations* - looking for panelist here. Currently I'm
   working with Redgate to talk about database source code control and
   continuous integration. Question: how do companies manage application
   development that depends on database schema and data changes. For code
   there is source code control. For data what do people do? How do people
   build continuos integration systems with databases?

We are also exploring a roundtable for

   - *No SQL vs Relational* - Iggy Fernandez is already giving a super talk
   on a NoSQL solution at Amazon verses an equivalent system at Ebay using
   Oracle. We will also have Fabian Pascal talking and probably free between
   breaks to discuss relational theory.

- Kyle Hailey
http://kylehailey.com