Re: OT - tablet or e-reader for reading manuals / course books

  • From: Ryan January <rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:43:39 -0500

+1 on the ipad.  I was a pretty early adopter of the kindle.  I loved
reading "standard" books on it, however couldn't get behind reading
technical manuals on it.  Navigation can be a chore, page refreshes are
a little slow. PDF support is there, but frustrating. I'm not sure if
this has improved any but at the time the kindle wouldn't reflow a pdf
to support the screen size.  You ended up having to scroll back and
forth to view an entire page.

As soon as I bought my ipad I noticed I vastly preferred electronic
technical manuals/books.  Notes seemed easier to add, referring back to
the lcd.

It's not one individual thing that makes the ipad better for me; It's
simply the sum of a multitude of minor improvements that makes an
enormous shift in usability.

On 04/22/2013 02:53 AM, AMIT VERMA wrote:
> Go to ipad, if you want to view magazines, colour books, apps which contain
> information this will help.
>
> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM, D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking to buy either a tablet or an e-reader fo tablet to mainly
>> read manuals and course books, so what would you recommend , an e-reader
>> or a tablet?
>> And, which one?
>>
>> Features I would like to have is to make annotations and highlight parts
>> of the text.
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> --
>> Freek D'Hooge
>> Uptime
>> Oracle Database Administrator
>> email: freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx
>> tel +32(03) 451 23 82
>> http://www.uptime.be
>> disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer.html
>>

>> --
>> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email.