RE: OT: high WIO on Linux

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:55:50 +0800

Quoting Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>  >>>The SAN we have does not have average IO size. I know for
>
> It passed through 512KB. That is what I've seen ... and that is
> "good"
>
> You can trust iostat -x if you don't "snack" on the data...do something
> like iostat -x 30
>

> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Have you folks had any chance of trying out the different
IO schedulers in 2.6?  The anticipatory one seems to be
the ticket for FTS-oriented systems.  RH has an article on
some benchmarks they did that seems to indicate the cfq is
best overall for Oracle:
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/008jun05/features/schedulers/
Thoughts?

--