OT: Technical Presentations

  • From: Stéphane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 14:01:51 +0100

Sorry for the shameless plug, but many of you no doubt have technical PowerPoint presentations to give pretty regularly, and not only at Oracle events.

I have had many to give myself (plus students to teach), and although I have learned a lot from the likes of Garr Reynolds and Nancy Duarte I was left with a feeling that what they advised wasn't exactly what I needed. I have a short (around 170 pages) book just out where I have tried to cover what to do when single words and nice pictures don't do the trick. I have created a trailer on my database Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urs2WoL8mTY.

The publisher is Apress, for once figures are in color, and here is the link: http://www.apress.com/us/book/9781484222942. On sale at all the usual places.

Hope that some of you will find it useful.

Stéphane Faroult