OT: JSP encoding problem

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:11:44 +0200

iAS 9i r1 ( + Oracle Portal
Solaris 8
Oracle Database Server

Custom JSP suddenly stops working and in the custom application log we see some
"strange" characters.

1. Before the problem occurred:

QuerySubmissionEngine.doQuery(): results = UPPER(USER_NAME)       CUSTOMER_ID

2. After:

QuerySubmissionEngine.doQuery(): results = ÿþUPPER(PARTY_NAME)    PARTY_ID

Output from cat -vt:

1. Before the problem occurred:

2. After:

The same JSP still works in developement.

I've already checked iAS components environment (Apache, JVM), unix shell
accounts. DB and listener - the listener on the production server is started
with NLS_LANG set (in development without).
I've tried to start the listener on the dev machine with NLS_LANG set and the
JSP works anyway.

Any help would be highly appreciated!