Re: 8i -> 10gR2 update

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alever@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:31:30 -0400

Hi I did a migratoin from 9.2 - 9.2.4 - 10.2
I think you have to options

1. to migrate 2 times.  8.7.4. 10gr2
I think this is the best, but if you can test previously to do it in
production could be helpful.
You can do it in the same server but take care to change path and
restart, because I have some problem with the ddls on windows, some
ddls were kept on memory and there was a conflict in one of the test I
did. I changed the path, and confirmed it was changed, but It seems
the ddls was on memory and didn't reloead from the new path and I was
using older ddls.

2.  You can export an import, this will take longer, but this will be
one step., if you have enough space and a faster server, you could
leave all the night exporting and the import. But if your server is
not enough fast, then you can have troubles.

There are few differences I remember when you migrate instead to
import from a new database, for examples alets are not enabled
automatically tablespaces limit monitoring.