Re: OT : 9i Parsing Optimization

  • From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 00:32:38 +0200

The worst was when I headed close to 40 good people in Oracle Premium Services in the late 90's, and I wanted them all to become OCP's: The Performance part of it was completely, utterly wrong and rubbish (based on 8i, as I recall it).

There was nothing relating to time in it - and this after some years with Anjo's YAPP paper and others beginning to wake up to time-based performance handling...

My guys (and girls) had to unlearn what they had learnt (we were damn proud in Premium of being among the first to use the time-based method) before going to the exam, then put their head back on again when they returned. It was not something they kept quiet about, for sure!

I think it began to get a little (very little) better in 9i, and in 10g it looks acceptable - the test, that is.

Mogens

Anjo Kolk wrote:

Well
I find every OCP question a trick question. Some times you have to answer the question wrong to get it right :-)

On 9/1/06, *Polarski, Bernard* <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

A bit OT:
That would be a marvelous trap/question in the OCP exams, much
clever than the grammatical we usually get.
B. Polarski