Re: $ORACLE_HOME without subdirs/version number and what does root.sh exactly

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:45:16 +0100

Lyall I agree with nearly all your points as usual, but each Oracle install
does create a log file in the Oracle inventory location called
install_actionsxxxxx.log that contains the record of the install including
the source of the oracle environment variables.

Niall Litchfield

On Jun 1, 2010 2:20 PM, <lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

it looks to me like your $ORACLE_HOME = $ORACLE_BASE.  Not sure how that
happened.

root.sh changes file permissions and will set up the oraenv script.  I don't
believe it ever changed the ORACLE_HOME env var.

I don't know if anyone else can help you, but i'd need more info, if i was
going to be more useful.  Version of Oracle and O/S would be a start.

Lyall

-----Original Message----- From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor@xxxxxxxxx> To:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tue...