RE: ORACLE 11G standby database location setup?

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jack van Zanen" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:35:31 -0400

That is why there is log_archive_dest_1 thru 10.  Use as many as you
need and specify the valid_for clause to control when they are in use.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International

________________________________

        From: Jack van Zanen <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
        Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Monday, May 3, 2010, 1:31 AM

        from my test dataguard on 11G

        log_archive_dest_1
location="C:\oracle\oradata\archive\DB1",  valid_for=(ALL_LO
        log_archive_dest_2                   service="dg1",    LGWR SYNC
AFFIRM delay=0 OPTIONAL compression=DISABLE max_failure=0
max_connections=1   reopen=300 db_unique_name="standby" net_timeout=30
valid_for=online_logfile,primary_role)

        Jack van Zanen

        -------------------------
        This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential
material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and
delete all copies.
        Thank you for your cooperation

        On 3 May 2010 11:26, dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                I am doing ORACLE 11G Data Guard testing.  I set up
following entry on init.ora :

standby_archive_dest='LOCATION=/Archive/DBSBY/arch/arch'

                when database startup it show "parameter depresate".
since this parameter is depresate, how to specify "standby_archive_dest"
on 11G?

                Thanks.