ORA-600 [KCCSBCK_FIRST] after node failure

  • From: Steve Montgomerie <stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:46:17 -0500

Ok I know this error is well known to RAC People. Has anyone
encountered this set of circumstances or some sort of derivaton
thereof:
> rac on win2k sp6 with oracle 92060
> communication to node fails - only way to resolve is to hard boot the machine
> oracle instances come down ungracefully on node that is rebooted.
> when node reboots we try and start oracle instances to join back in to the
> cluster and whammo!! ORA-600 [KCCSBCK_FIRST]

Thankfully Oracle Note:157536 says that I can resolve this buy
rebooting the cluster....duhhh. why didn't I think of that. Can anyone
shed any more light on this? Is it a bug @wip or is there another way
around this. I have TAR open, awating the token ..hmm upgrade to 10g
response

Thanks all.

Steve