Re: ORA-4031

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tracy.rahmlow@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 22:27:03 +0800

Are those ORA-4031's accompanied with "large pool" or "shared pool" parameter
in alert log?

If large pool, set the large_pool_size to higher value, despite the autotuning
feature.

If shared pool, then please run this as SYS. In 10gR1 it should show you into
how many shared subpools your SP has been divided to.

select count(*) from x$kghlu where kghlushrpool = 1;

If it's more than 1 then you might be hitting a bug/issue with shared subpools
and it would be advisable to set _kghdsidx_count=1 and bounce the instance.
That seems to be Oracle support's latest standard advice whenever having shared
pool related issues...

(btw, in 10gR2 the x$kghlu shows 4X more entries as shared pool has been split
up even further - protected by the same amount of latches though..)

Tanel.