Re: ORA-3135 Fixed by PC Restart

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:21:18 -0600

Charlotte,

Is this ever happening when connecting using SQL*Plus from the PC in
question?  Or is it only from an application?  If so, what is the
application using for connectivity?  Is it ODBC, JDBC, or a straight-out
Oracle OCI/TNS connection?

The reason that the ORA-3135 happens is because there are a few
preliminary SQL statements that execute before the database connection
is considered "established", and delays in processing those SQL
statements might overrun the configured timeout.  Some of the causes of
the ORA-3135 originate within the database, but there is no reason why
it couldn't also be the client-side PC that is not responding
appropriately and promptly.  Hence the questions about the nature of the
client program.

Thanks!

-Tim