Re: ORA-17055 ?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cosmini@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 01:07:14 -0400

On 10/17/2006 10:12:48 PM, cosmin ioan wrote:
>           ORA-17055
>     Invalid character encountered in
>

>   hi guys, has anyone encountered this in JDBC apps?   -- not very well
> documented in Oracle and I'm not a Java developer ;-)
>
>   not sure what to make of it and don't know if it has anything to do with
> some tables' columns being defined as varchar2( x byte)  vs varchar2(x)...

Cosmin, you can always set something like:

alter system set events='17055 trace name errorstack forever, level 10'
scope=memory;

That will cause these errors to create a trace file in user_dump_dest and
SQL statement causing the error will be in the trace file as well. That will
make it easier to decide the next step.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com