Re: ORA-01666: control file is for a standby database

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Barbour <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:54:52 -0500

Hi David,
Thanks for your reply. As per hemanth's comment, I did not open the
database. After recovery is complete, I give ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED
STANDBY DATABASE DISCONNECT FROM SESSION; and immediately I see standby redo
logs complain about missing redo logs. I do not yet have a working physical
standby. Can you please send me the link of Herman's document.