Re: ORA-01666: control file is for a standby database

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:17:11 -0500

Hi All,
I would like to make my previous email short. I am trying to implement
logical standby. First I start off with creating a physical standby with
rman. After a complete recovery, do I open the database with noresetlogs or
with resetlogs? If I try to open the database with resetlogs, I get
ORA-01666: control file is for a standby database. On one mos note, it said
alter database open resetlogs would create the redo log files (After the
complete recovery, I do not have tempfile and redo logs created). According
to note 601835.1, the redo log errors can be safely ignored on physical
standby. So when do the redo logs get created ? What should I do now to
eliminate this error. Oracle support is taking too long to respond and i
need to get this working soon. Thanks a ton for all your help.