Re: ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:12:32 +0800

The transaction is "defined" when the DML starts. It doesn't matter if it ends up deleting 1million rows or 0rows. It is still a transaction holding a Transaction Lock. This prevents DDL on the table.

Hemant K Chitale

At 05:09 AM Wednesday, you wrote:
Hello gurus,

When session1 deleted 0 records, it should not be placing any locks on
the table correct? I do not understand why I got the error. Am I
missing some basic concept?

When I did a rollback on the session1 then session2 was able to
truncate the table.

Thanks
Deen