Re: OL6 and RHEL6 on 11gR2....it's official.....

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JC1706@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:28:14 +0000

Hi.

Implied by Niall's post, but not said explicitly, the UEK has the
kernel module for ASMLib built into it, so you don't need the separate
package anymore.

oracleasm : Not necessary as it is in UEK already.

oracleasm-support : Still needed. Available on your OL media (or
public-yum) or for download from OTN.

oracleasmlib : Still needed. Available from the ULN yum repository or
download from OTN. Not on the public-yum or on the DVD as it is not
GPL.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/linux/downloads/index-088143.html

Now that OL6 is certified I would expect an number of new packages to
appear in the next few weeks, including oracle-validated as well as
oracleasmlib package for OL6 etc.

Cheers

Tim...