Re: OCM funny pre-requists - two advanced courses from OU.

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:13:01 +1000

Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx apparently said,on my timestamp of 30/08/2005
1:58 PM:

Why does Oracle not get the message that so many of us in the field have
- which is - the prices for their licenses versus the competition isn't
completely warranted. I still get "we are the best and we know it" from
Oracle sales support versus concrete comparisons.

But look at the value: you get a connection to Metalink so you can work around all the bugs! Ain't that grand? (after shelling out more than anywhere else for the sw?)

Plus my management is looking at opensource RDBMS' for anything we can
run on it.

Aye! I'm seeing that too. Spot the species about to change its marketing stripes...

-- Cheers Nuno Souto in sunny Sydney, Australia dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx -- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l