Re: OC4J Bind Variables: Positional Notation

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ray Feighery" <rjfeighery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:47:40 +0200

Hi Ray

> As an aside, I think in JDeveloper there is actually a
> setting to change how bind variables are submitted.

I (almost) never used JDeveloper. But, honestly, I see no reason for
doing that for plain JDBC code. On the other side, when using a
persistence framework, influencing the use of bind variables can be
useful.

> I'm confused as to why it changes in this application.
> Can it be set in the code?

From the JDBC API point-of-view I see only one possibility. The SQL
statement is executed through the class Statement instead of
PreparedStatement. If you have access to the code, I would have a look
to the snippet that executes one of the failing SQL statements.

HTH
Chris Antognini

Troubleshooting Oracle Performance, Apress 2008
(http://top.antognini.ch)