Newbie Oracle RAC issue

  • From: Chris King <ckaj111@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:21:21 -0700 (PDT)

Had a successful first install of Oracle RAC 11gR2 on RHEL6 in the lab... but
we were running out of disk on the root drive, where Oracle software is
installed. In my absence, disk was added, and files copied while the
cluster/database was running. Subsequently one node crashed and is not
recoverable. The remaining node keeps throwing this error when I attempt to
start the clusterware:

$  crsctl start cluster
CRS-4639: Could not contact Oracle High Availability Services
CRS-4000: Command Start failed, or completed with errors.

I'm unable to start the clusterware. I looked at the log file, and saw
references to failures reaching the crashed node, so I thought maybe I have to
tell the clusterware that we're missing a node, but all the commands I've found
to do so require cluster services to be running.

What else should I be looking at to diagnose this? I'm trying to evaluate if I
have to reiinstall everything from scratch or if this lab setup can be
salvaged. Thanks!

also, please note the following is the only cluster-related process I find
running on the remaining node:
root      1557     1  0 11:50 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /etc/init.d/init.ohasd
run