Re: Newbie Oracle RAC issue

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ckaj111@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:41:47 -0500

Before this gets off track, perhaps Chris you could tell us where they
added disks?  What I mean by that is, some servers are built with the root
volume as a mirrored set of INTERNAL disks inside the server itself.  These
are physical hard drives in the machine.

Some places build servers with the root volume as a volume presented from a
storage array so what Mark is talking about is more relevant to volumes
presented to servers from an outside storage array, but might not be as
appropriate if you were talking about physical disks inside the server
itself.

Also there is locally attached storage which is a third option (like an
array of disks that attach to the specific server only)

Chris