New Blog Topic - Statspack Vs. AWR (and perhaps nmon later)

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:54:59 -0500

I am in the process of composing a new blog entry, I am planning to compare
the data in statspack tables to the data in the AWR tables.  The intent is
to see how well they compare, and perhaps identify what is missing from one
or the other.
I also plan to compare nmon cpu and IO statistics to the information
available statspack and AWR at some point.  Has anyone done any work in
this area?  I only have a few servers that I can use to collect the data,
so any wider information for use in the blog would be appreciated (your
input will be credited on the blog, or we can do a joint entry if you
prefer).

--
Andrew W. Kerber