Need advice on dbms_stats.FLUSH_DATABASE_MONITORING_INFO();

  • From: "Shastry(DBA)" <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:55:28 +0530

Hi Gurus,
One of my apps user is faced the problem as the 'USER_TAB_MODIFICATIONS'
table is not giving the list of partition names when they are trying to
analyze the partitions.

They are requesting whether the following code to be used is useful:

"dbms_stats.FLUSH_DATABASE_MONITORING_INFO();"

As flushing the database monitoring info in the database level will
internally updates the table level modified info in
"USER_TAB_MODIFICATIONS".

 Can the "dbms_stats.FLUSH_DATABASE_MONITORING_INFO();" is used in their
jobs, if it is used does it creates any performance issues, since it is
flushing the entire database monitoring info? Can the ANALYZE_ANY system
privilege be given to execute from other non-sys/system privileged schemas

4) Do we have any other table option in Oracle 11g to use, instead of
'USER_TAB_MODIFICATIONS' which will support the requirement?

Need your advice

Thanks,
shastry