RE: (NEW) very interesting thing about migrate db from different OS(oracle 9.2.0.4,not 10G)

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:01:20 +0100

if you look at the various releases of Oracle, up til the current one (10g),
you can see that Oracle has been working on this -- for a perfect example,
check out the transportable tablespace feature. initially very limited, but
now (in 10g) quite useful.
therefore, it is obvious that certain "tricks" work in certain releases.
this having said, what you describe below in highly unsupported -- which
means that you are completely on your own (i.e. no support) if things go
wrong.

hope this helps, kind regards,

Lex.

Tom Kyte Seminar: http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html