Re: Moving Files Via Oracle Procedure

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: abhishek.gurung@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 09:55:58 +0100

Hi.

As far as I see it, your options are:

1) UTL_FILE can move files using FRENAME. You need to have a directory
object for each location referenced.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e25788/u_file.htm#i1003602

2) You can call a script or command to do the move (sounds like this
is what you are doing):

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/shell-commands-from-plsql.php

3) You can use the Java file API to manipulate the files from PL/SQL,
rather than a shell script.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/8i/file-handling-from-plsql.php

4) You could set up an external job using the scheduler to perform an
OS command.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/scheduler-10g.php

Each of these have their pros and cons.

Cheers