RE: Move data between server and mobile device

  • From: Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:24:30 -0500

 I am talking about one server and numerous laptops.  The laptops are used to
connect to the car engines and download data about the engines after they have
been out driving.  Could be ten, twenty, or a hundred laptops.  They all run
the same oracle EE edition 10gRel2 database.  It is database to database data
transfer.  Could replication or AQ handle this?

thanks.

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:57:30 -0500
From: jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Move data between server and mobile device

Might be able to answer better with some more information.  (Seems like a vague
question.)  Are you talking about two or three devices?  (Server, mobile
device, car?)  Are the source and destination both databases?  That is, are you
talking about moving data between two oracle databases?  Or are you writing
software, and your program will store the data somewhere?  If that's the case,
what's the dev platform?  Java?  .NET?  I'm not really sure how to answer your
question without a better idea of what you're asking.

-Jeremy

Joe Smith wrote:

How can I do this?

I have a Server and a handheld mobile device.  The mobile device is like a
laptop.  I use the mobile device to connect to , say cars, and download data to
the device.  There is only a connection between the two on a limited basis.
But I want to move data between the two at certain time intervals.

Can I do this with replication and/or queues?  What would be the most efficient
way to do this?

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL, USA