Re: Monitoring the "Checkpoint not complete" event

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:19:30 +0100

>>> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Radoulov, Dimitre wrote:
[...]
>>> I'm trying to figure out how to implement an automated monitoring regarding the above mentioned "event". >>> When it happens the instance hang may become a problem and *I believe* that monitoring the single occurrence >>> of the "Checkpoint not complete" message in the alert log is not sufficient (the time between that message
>>> and the following thread advance is quite important as well).
>>>
>>> So what's the logic/how exactly you monitor the "Checkpoint not complete" event?
[...]
>>  On 26/10/2009 15.16, Surachart Opun wrote:
>>  "Checkpoint not complete" message in the alert log
>>  The database attempts to reuse an online redo log file and it can not.
[...]

Hi Surachart Opun,
thank you for your answer!
I'm aware of the possible solutions. Moreover, I want to trigger a critical alert when an instance hangs because of this event. I'm not sure if only the monitoring of that message is sufficient and I would like to know how you have implemented (if implemented at all) it.

Regards
Dimitre