Re: Meaning of v$sqlarea.users_opening

  • From: Saibabu Devabhaktuni <saibabu_d@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: free <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:28:48 -0800 (PST)

"I thought I understood that the query above returns a value of 250 bytes
for each concurrent user for each cursor that the user has open. But the
continuously rising value returned by the query suggests that the database
is experiencing some combination of a continuously rising number of
database connections and/or a continuously rising number of open cursors
per connection.  That should not be the case in this database"

I think that "250" is being accounted for library cache lock and pin
structures, which are required for
each cursor being executed by a session. Continuously rising value for
"USERS_OPENING" may be due to sql child cursors or
your "SESSION_CACHED_CURSOR" setting influencing it.

You can also run "select count(distinct kgllksnm) from x$kgllk where
kglnahsh=&hash_value)" to see what is going on.

Thanks,
 Sai.
http://sai-oracle.blogspot.com

Be a better friend, newshound, and