RE: MS SQL Server ODBC Driver for Linux, HPUX

  • From: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:20:06 -0400

Using DataDirect, we had done some evaluation in the past. Performance
was great and no significant problems with that we could find.

We couldn't implement as the focus was shifted towards EAI with
webservices/SOA design, so no database to database direct communication
using db link or any other drivers :(

Raja.
________________________________

        From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>
        To: japplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Oracle-l"
<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Cc: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 3:27 PM

        Oracle seems to recommend (though not exclusively) the driver
from datadirect.com.

        Metalink Note 466228.1 has this in it:

        The ODBC driver

                There are several ODBC vendors for UNIX platforms. Below
is a description using the ODBC driver from Data Direct Technologies.
They also provide a 15 day trial license for Linux based platforms. More
information is available at the following URL:
                http://www.datadirect.com

        hth,

        -joe