MOS/OCM database instance

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 09:15:54 -0500

Does anyone know how MOS and OCM work?  I have systems with one db that
seem to show up fine in the target list.  But for systems that have
more than one db the "database instance" line items do not show up.
They other lines, such has host and the like do show up, btw.

What is even more troubling to me right now is standby dbs.  How can
you get them to be available to MOS.  It doesn't make much sense
since the OCM wants to install db objects. If I want to open a SR for the
standby, how can that play in the MOS design.  Seems broken to me.

I opened a SR with regard to the standby question.  Apparently,
this was to much to ask and support exploded like the death
star.  I can't remember how long ago I asked them the question.

Regards,
Ray