Re: Lunch: I'm a DBA - ask me anything

  • From: "howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vxsmimmcp@xxxxxxxxxx,"ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 18:58:06 +0100

Renamed the oracle directory.

----- Reply message -----
From: "McPeak, Matt" <vxsmimmcp@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Lunch: I'm a DBA - ask me anything
Date: Tue, May 6, 2014 5:41 PM

“What’s the silliest mistake you’ve made while sitting at a keyboard?”

Everyone’s got some good ones, right?

Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We've got these dba lunch meetups going in Chicago and we tried something new
last week. Started lunch by "introducing" one of the members. The interviewee
answers a few questions, and we keep the discussion around each question to a
few minutes. Fun way to start lunch and there was still plenty of time for the
usual techy chatter afterwards.

My question for this (oracle-l) list: if you could ask a DBA anything, what
would you ask?

Here are the four questions we've used so far:

1. how'd you get started with the oracle db?

2. what's the most interesting system or application you've worked on in your
career?  can you tell us a bit about the architecture?

3. who's your #1 influencer, mentor, or author?

4. what's the #1 thing you need to learn so you'll still have a job in 5-10
years?

BTW - lunch is in deerfield today, schaumburg tomorrow and downtown next
wednesday.  Just in case anyone is interested in joining.  :)

-J

--

http://about.me/jeremy_schneider