RE: Long running roll back

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:59:33 -0400

If there is no entry in v$transaction but the session background process
is still getting time kill it from the OS.  If the session held any row
level locks there would be an entry in v$transaction.  If the session
background process does not exist then Oracle has just not reused the
v$session entry yet.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148