Re: Should/Can I shrink dictionary table?

  • From: zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx,oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:29:03 +0000

I would recommend you don't touch it unless it is really impacting your
performance, and view$ is confirmed to be the root cause.

Dictionary tables are usually well indexed and such query shouldn't be heavily
impacted by fragemented tables.

Using tts to transfer all tablespace to a brandnew db could help, never did
that in prod though(we had very fragemented fet/uet tables in very old db).

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T