Re: Long connect time when one node in RAC goes down

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:18:02 +0300

Problem update:

We run trace level=16 and found that failover works fine. The client immediately get: NO LISTENER and fails over as expected. From time to time the response is bad and we get: TNS TIME OUT instead of NO LISTENER.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Yechiel Adar wrote:
We need some help.
RAC, Oracle 10.2.0.3 on windows 2003 servers  64 bit.

We did a fail over test. We disconnected one server from the network by pulling the network cable. The system worked fine, but once in a while a connection will take 6 seconds instead on 20 ms. We understand that this happens because the VIP is moved to the second computer and there is
nothing there to handle calls on that TCP address.

I would like to know how to shorten the time from 6 seconds to almost nothing.