Re: Locally managed Temporary tablespaces

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:10:55 +0800

Temp tspace is one of the few places where you will concurrent *write*
activity (database files all being done with one or just a few db
writers) so maybe the read time is suffering from concurrent write
activity ?

You could validate this to some degree by having lots of temporary
tablespaces (and hence of temp files) and round-robin-ing them among
users to spread the load.

On 6/9/05, Peter Dixon <peterdixon001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have performed a healthcheck on our production database , I am running
> on hp11.11 with the database files running on a san (raid 5). I w=
> surprised to see the average read time for the temporary tablespace as 82=
> where all the other tablespaces in the database are around 10ms. Would it=
> a wise to move the temporary tablespace data files onto another sort of d=
> storage?
> Peter Dixon
> 8i OCP
> --

Connor McDonald
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"