Re: Limited update ability?

  • From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:18:06 +0300

It is closer to interface behaviour than Oracles'.
For example tool PL/SQL Developer asks me "Are you sure you want to delete
all records?" for statement "delete bla", most probable it is configurable,
but actually I don't care :)
Also there is one big difference for Oracle and MySQL (at least MyISAM
tables) - for Oracle (normally, without some kind of autocommit) one has to
issue commit, for MySQL not, so transactions actually are some kind of
verification.

Gints