Re: License question

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:47:39 -0700

When I first came on board, the SAs were doing all the Oracle installs.
They were planning to install EE even though we were licensed for SE because
they come on the same set of disks.  Knowing that there are subtle
differences, I persuaded them to install what they licensed.  Being the only
DBA, I was outnumbered 3 to 1, but I did prevail.  I was later told that not
only would we have failed a license audit, we would have run into problems
with our SAS70 audit, which is critical to our business.  I would advise you
to be very careful on this slippery slope.  Just because you might use a
feature in the future, doesn't justify installing something you didn't
license.

Sandy