Re: Lengthening backup

  • From: "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 14:14:31 -0700

The archivelogs are not being backed up by RMAN.  And I'm seeing nothing in
    SQL> select * from v$session_longops where sid in (918,1185);

    no rows selected

One thing I did notice, FWIW, is at 10:22:35 yesterday, I looked in the
directory to which the backup pieces are written, and no files had been touched
since 10:19.  Later, at 10:32:22, the latest file timestamp was 10:28.  So it
seems like the backup is doing something between file writes.  Don't know if
that helps any.

  Hi Terry, two things come to mind. How are the archivelog files being handled
(i.e. are they being bundled into the backup, perhaps without a delete?) and
does v$session_longops reveal any clues when the backup is running?

  Andy Rivenes

  At 11:05 AM 7/7/2006, Terry Sutton wrote:

    I'm having some issues with a client's RMAN backup.  They're on Oracle, Solaris 8.  It's a weekly full backup, and they're backing up ~1.5TB
to disk, and the longer the instance is up, the longer the backup takes.  A
recent progression has been: