Re: Lengthening backup

  • From: "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 12:01:16 -0700

SQL> SELECT DISTINCT(incremental_level)
   FROM rc_backup_set WHERE db_id = 435051864
   AND start_time > SYSDATE -10;

INCREMENTAL_LEVEL

So the incremental level is null.

--Terry
  From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Terry Sutton

  I'm having some issues with a client's RMAN backup.  They're on Oracle
8.1.7.4, Solaris 8.  It's a weekly full backup, and they're backing up ~1.5TB
to disk, and the longer the instance is up, the longer the backup takes.