Re: Last DDL Time for packages

  • From: "rgravens@xxxxxxxxx" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx" <wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:04:20 -0400

one note on this.  A recompile updates the last ddl column.  Recompiles can
happen silently with an update to an underlyiing object.  In short be sure you
understand what it is you are viewing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Stephane Faroult wrote:

Roger,

    You have TWO objects in DBA_OBJECTS for a package, the package and

the package body. If the interface doesn't change, LAST_DDL_TIME isn't

updated for the package - but is for the package body.

ORACLE-SQL> @foo

Package created.

Package body created.

ORACLE-SQL> select object_name, object_type

  2

ORACLE-SQL>

ORACLE-SQL> ed

Wrote file afiedt.buf

  1  select object_name, object_type, last_ddl_time

  2  from user_objects

  3* where object_name = 'FOO'

ORACLE-SQL> /

OBJECT_NAME