RE: JDBC connection pool and logon triggers

  • From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:09:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

Maybe I'm ignorant, since I don't have the time to
test right now, but that does *not* sound right to me.
And, I do not remember seeing this so my ignorance
proves my hypothesis. Sort of like two wrongs make a
right. ;-)

The "SERIAL#" field in v$session is intended to
uniquely distinguish a SID, e.g. in case the
connection is *closed* and the SID value re-used.

My Blasphemy Caused by Hypothetical Results (BCHR):
Therefore, based on Oracle's implementation of JDBC2.0
your "connection pool" session should not actually
close and the "SERIAL#" should not change.

Maybe your Java developers are actually closing the
connections before handing off to the next process.

Okay, now throw the rocks (since I didn't test it).
:-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas