RE: JDBC Realm

  • From: "Marc Perkowitz" <mperkowitz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:20:17 -0500

Yes, you have it essentially correct.  I included a copy of a Realm we use
for one of our applications.  The role is assigned by Tomcat when the user
is logged in successfully.  This role can be used to restrict access to
screens by URL pattern.  It probably can do other things too.

I do not know how Oracle App Server does this and whether it is similar.

Marc.

<!-- Replace the above Realm with one of the following to get a Realm
           stored in a database and accessed via JDBC -->
           <!-- This will be used for ACSS application  -->

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
              driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"

connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@nnnn.twjconsulting.com:1521:dev"
              connectionName="acss" connectionPassword="xxx"
              userTable="acss_user" userNameCol="acss_username"
userCredCol="password"
              userRoleTable="acss_user_role" roleNameCol="acss_role" />