Re: Is 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure and RAC certified with Oracle VM?

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>,"oracle_l" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:03:43 +0100

Hi there,

It is definitely possible to implement RAC on Oracle VM. It serves me really
well in my test lab-I don't use any of the GUI tools they provide, I'm more a
man of the command line.

If you fancy something modern have a look at opensuse or SLES 11, which use a
kernel > 2.6.18 which is now three years old. You might want to check my blog
(URL is in the signature) for more information about xen based virtualisation.

Martin

Martin Bach

Oracle Certified Master 10g
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com