Insert into remote table from Read only database

Hi,

We have a situation where we would need to insert into a remote table from a
read only database via a database link.

My initial testing suggests that this is not possible as any distributed
transaction is marked as read-write and even a select using the db link from
the read only database fails with ORA-16000. The workaround is to explicitly
set the transaction as read only. With the transaction set to read-only the
select works but we cannot run the insert as it fails with ORA-01456: may
not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY transaction.

I was wondering if there is a particular way or known workaround to insert
into a remote table from a read-only database using a db link.

Thanks
Deba.