Re: Is there a view to know if i have execute privileges on a function?

  • From: "Luis Fernando Cerri" <lfcerri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shastry17@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:09:08 -0300

Assuming you want to know if your user has the privilege, use sqlplus to
connect with the user and try one of the following:

- desc owner.function_name OR desc owner.package_name (if function is inside
a package)
- select privilege from all_tab_privs where
table_name='FUNCTION_OR_PACKAGE_NAME';

Maybe you have the privilege to execute the function/package through a role,
so I guess the desc is the simplest way to check the privilege.

Regards,
Cerri